Re: eCos Configuration Tool snapshots

Hi Chris

On Wednesday 02 Apr 2003 12:03, you wrote:

> > > If however I set the repository to one on another (Win2K) machine,
> > > the configuration tool opens and for each entry in the ecos.db file,
> > > I see an error like this:
> > >
> > >     ecos.db, package PACKAGE_NAME: warning
> > >     This package does not have any valid version subdirectories.
> > >
> > > When this is over the tool then closes itself, without giving the
> > > opportunity to change the repository.

> > A couple of questions:
> >
> > a) Do you observe this problem with the configtool which shipped with
> > eCos 2.0 beta as well as with the snapshot build?
>
> No, this is only seen with the snapshot build.
>
> > b) Is the remote file system being referenced via a logical drive
> > letter (eg "H:\ecos\packages") or via a UNC path (eg
> > "\\host\share\ecos\packages")?
>
> via a UNC path.

OK, please submit a Bugzilla report against the eCos ConfigTool (version
"CVS") using the instructions at:

  http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/problemreport.html

I suspect that this issue is caused by a difference in behaviour between the
Windows-native and Cygwin versions of the Tcl library which we need to
accommodate either in the CDL library or in the eCos Configuration Tool
itself. It would be helpful if you could try accessing the remote
repository via a logical drive letter and add your conclusion to the bug
report.

Thank you for the feedback.

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited