Re: Re: Docs in PDF (make)

On Tuesday 01 April 2003 23:56, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> Looks fine. Although going via PDF seems quite overkill! Doesn't going via
> (proper) EPS with fig2dev even work? It should be pretty similar to PDF
> and doesn't seem as hacky. Or does the resolution go wrong?

The article below says eps format for pdftex and subsequently for pdfjadetex
is unsupported.  Instead it suggests using pdf format for simple vector
graphics and MetaPost format for robust vector graphics.

That seems reasonable to me after reading:
	/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/graphics/pdftex.def

<http://www.2pi.info/latex/Includingeps.html>

Since fig2dev supports MetaPost output format, I suggest we try also the mps
format and then decide which one of the only two available to use...

Iztok