Re: IPv6 ::1 route?

> >Kernel IPv6 routing table
> >Destination      Next Hop          Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> >::1/128          ::                UH    1      1        0 lo
> >
> >What normally adds this on a FreeBSD system? Does the kernel do it
> >automatically, or is it added by a startup script from user space?
> >I've not found the answer to this via google.
>
> I think the answer is around here:
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/network_ipv6?rev=1.32&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> or for short:
> http://tinyurl.com/90ud
>
> although it isn't entirely clear for certain. But I'm sure startup
> script from user space is right.

I figured it out. What led me to the problem is that it works
correctly when there are no real interface, just loopback. When i add
a real interface, it stops working. It turned out to be the DHCP
code. It reinitialises the routing table in its half_up routing. This
is deleting the ::1 route. I changed the code to only delete AF_INET
routes and now ping to ::1 works.

I've got a growing collection of fixes to make IPv6 work properly and
some enhancements. I'll probably post them sometime next week once i
have some basic applications working correctly.

     Andrew