RE: FW: Questions about dsr?

Title: FW: Questions about dsr?
DSR's cannot block. (We learnt the hard way after a very strange crash and not reading the documentation). A DSR is just a delayed ISR, so you don't want to be doing to much in a DSR that cannot be done in a thread.

 -----Original Message-----
From: Wang dot Alvin at iac dot com dot tw [mailto:Wang dot Alvin at iac dot com dot tw]
Sent: 17 April 2003 05:11
To: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
Subject: [ECOS] FW: Questions about dsr?

Hi to all,

I have some questions about DSR as followingˇK

1.Can DSR waits on semphore?
2.If one DSR is blocked, can kernel switch to another DSR?

Thank you for answering these question.

Alvin Wang

Siemens Traffic Controls is a division of Siemens plc. Registered No. 727817, England.

Registered office: Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8FZ.

This communication contains information which is confidential and

may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee.

If you are not the addressee please note that any distribution,

reproduction, copying, publication or use of this communication

or the information in it is prohibited. If you have received this

communication in error, please contact us immediately and also

delete the communication from your computer.