Re: upload program in NEC V850 RAM

Teresa Fazio wrote:
Hi, I'm new in this mailing list and I found someone of you having problems in uploading programs in NEC V850 RAM, like me. When I try to load a simple program Hello.S3, I do

RedBoot>load

Ctrl a + s choice ymodem and then the file Hello.S3. But the answer is:

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC*** Warning! Attempt to load S-record to address: 0xffffffff RedBoot does not believe this is in RAM Use TFTP for a chance to override this. *** Warning! Checksum failure - Addr: ffffffff, EF <> 00 xyzModem - CRC mode, 647(SOH)/4(STX)/5(CAN) packets, 316 retries

What is the problem?

The addresses in your s-record file indicate it should be loaded to 0xffffffff, which isn't right. Check your s-record file, and how it was built, and particularly how the memory map was linked.

Or more relevantly, if it isn't an s-record file, either convert it to one or choose the appropriate flag to "load" to tell redboot what format it is!