Re: Calling exit in a Redboot standalone Arm program

Pierre Habraken wrote:
Mark Salter wrote:

[...]
Something to watch out for is that any patch not break the ability to
quit GDB and return to the RedBoot prompt.

Haven't tried it so I'm probably way off base, but could this maybe simply be done by making the code in question just be:

       __send_exit_status((int)arg1);
       CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN(arg1);

PS: I'd like to be able to step by step in RedBoot in order to
understand better how it operates, but up to now I failed to run it as a
RAM image: I built it using cdl options CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR
(inferred_value 1) and CYG_HAL_STARTUP (user_value ROM) and load it at
address 0x10000, but it does not want to start (using E7T BSL command
'go'). Any idea someone ?...

If those options are set for a ROM it will want to have been loaded in ROM. To build for RAM you have to disable CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR and set CYG_HAL_STARTUP to RAM, not very surprisingly really! Only the latter is required in fact as CYGSEM_HAL_ROM_MONITOR should set itself accordingly.