Re: kernel API

Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com> writes:
> Sergei Organov wrote:
> > Nick Garnett <nickg at eCosCentric dot com> writes:
> >>Sergei Organov <osv at javad dot ru> writes:
> > [...]
> >>>

> >>The implementations are in the same file, so they also share a header.
> > IMHO that's also a mistake though I don't care much where implementations
> > are.
>
> > I don't like the situation when all source files that use mutexes but don't
> > use condvars are polluted with the condvars declarations.
>
> I think you mean it might be a mistake if it was an official API ;-P.

I definitely meant it's a mistake by itself though its significance is
proportional to the number of source files that use mutexes but no condvars.
It's indeed not a big deal unless it's not an official API, so I mentioned
it in this particular thread.

> Although "polluted" is overstating it anyway.

Probably. English is not my mother's language so I may choose wrong terms
sometimes, sorry. In fact I meant I don't like unnecessary compile-time
dependencies.

> Namespacing is something unfortunately eCos has been very very lax about.
> Just try and declare "int interrupt_end;" in any application at least!

I use interruptEnd (sometimes referred to as "camel") naming convention that
doesn't interfere with most of libraries ;) though I thought eCos has been very
careful about adding cyg_/CYG_ prefix everywhere.

--
Sergei.