Re: [OT] JTAG and the Wiggler in linux

On 30 Apr 2003, Bob Koninckx wrote:

> > I know they work under windows. However, I'm curious if anyone has tried
> > to use this code on a non-windows OS. I compared the McCraigor files with
> > what's distributed with gdb. As one would expect, there are differences.
> > But what is it that prevents this code from working on a non-windows OS?
> > Is there an *extra* .dll that one must use to enable their gdb mods to
> > work properly? Is it OCDLibRemote?
>
> It is wigglers.dll
>
> > Also, as a rhetorical question, why
> > would a company that exclusively sells hardware intentionally hide the
> > software interface to it's products? On second thought, forget that I
> > asked the question...  maybe I should go read Slashdot or something.
>
> Maybe they're pressed by providers of commercial tools. They don't even
> answer if you ask them about it.

Well, what I find incredulous is that the arm-elf package that they
provide won't install on Windows 98SE (setup croaks with error -5002).
Thus even if I had an inclination to do my ARM development on a Windows
Box, I *still* couldn't use their tool beyond what's provided by OCDemon.
Sigh. What are they going to do when eCos eventually puts all other RTOS's
out of business? I guess I'm full of rhetorical questions today...

Scott