Re: Calling exit in a Redboot standalone Arm program

> In accordance with Mark's previous warning I checked that this time
> quitting gdb makes RedBoot return to its main prompt.
> BTW, Mark, you expressed in an other message some doubts about the use
> of HAL_THREAD_* macros. What about the patch as it was proposed by
> Jonathan ?

I'm just concerned that the CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN call will
not work from an exception context on all architectures. It will
work for ARM, but I believe there are others where it won't work.
I'm thinking of architectures like sparc where there are explicit
instructions used to return from exceptions. Since, the call to
CYGACC_CALL_IF_MONITOR_RETURN from the exit code is in an exception
context, the HAL_THREAD_LOAD_CONTEXT macro used by return_to_redboot()
may not do the right thing.

--Mark