Re: SV: Is Redboot suitable for my purposes?

Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> >On the EB40A at present Redboot occupies the first 64k of FLASH and
> >the first 32k of the onchip SRAM. This leaves most of the rest of the
> >FLASH, and 224k of the internal SRAM for application use, plus all of
> >any external SRAM that may be added.
>

> How much does eCos add to the overhead on top of the 32k ram + 64k flash?
>

> It sounds like I could convince my boss and peers(mainly hardware guys) that
> we should go for eCos.

That's a hard question to answer with exact numbers. eCos is very
configurable, so it goes from a few K up, depending on exactly how you
configure it. Even then, only the facilities that are actually used
get linked into the final executable. If your app is simple then eCos
is very lightweight, more sophisticated apps pull in more stuff.