how can we replace Intel Ethernet support by AMD PCI driver

hi,
I am building a redboot image for pc board with AMD
PCI ethernet card. The common template available in
the pc target supports only intel ethernet devices. I
wonder anyone know how to support the AMD PCI ethernet
card. Do we need to create custom template and add the
relevant packages? Any suggestions on this problem
higly appreciated..
kamesh