Re: problem with redboot

On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 11:20, Alessandro GARDICH wrote:
> hi to all
>

> i have a problem with Redboot,i have a borad with already intalled
> RedBoot and there is problem usign that with gdb-5.3 but work fine with
> gdb-4.18, probably redboot was compiled with a gcc version
> 2.9-xscale-010413 (never hear about that) ...
>
> i'm unable to make gdb-5.3 talk with redboot :(
>
> can be a problem cause of different comunication protocol ??
>
> how i can solve ...
> 1) can I setup gdb-5.3 to use an older protocol ? how ?
> i just make a fast search but find nothing about setting the protocol
>
> 2) when i'll have the board definition for ecos what can i do ?

There has been no change [at least not any that would break
your setup] in GDB 5.3.  In fact, this version is known to
work much better (especially the GUI version, Insight) than
previous versions.

I'd guess it's some sort of setup issue.

What have you tried?  Before you try to connect, can you
turn on remote debugging?
  (gdb) set debug remote 1

You should also check that the default baud rate matches, etc,
or else force them as appropriate.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>