Re: httpd/monitor problem

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 12:19:35PM +0200, Daniel Lidsten wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have included the httpd/monitor in my build and i get a strange assert when i hit the "thread" option in the "monitor/index.html".
>
> Here is my printout:
>
> ASSERT FAIL: <2>kapi.cxx            [ 334] cyg_bool_t cyg_thread_get_next()
>                                     class pointer (thread) is valid
>
> The printout comes from the following row in cyg_thread_get_next:
>
> CYG_ASSERT_CLASSC( thread );
>
> What does this mean?

I suspect the "is valid" should be "is invalid". The macro causes the
check_this() method to be called on the thread class. You can find
that function in packages/kernel/current/src/common/thread.cxx.

Probably the thread is a null pointer, although it could be the stack
pointer is out of range. If it is a null pointer, that means *current
passed into the function is a null pointer. That should be easy to
check with gdb. I would checked what is going on in the monitor.c code
when it enumerates the threads. I've had this working with synth, but
never tried it on real hardware.

     Andrew