Re: Redboot configuration

On Thu, 2003-05-15 at 09:26, Peter Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the problem that, using the Configuration tool "2.12 net" for
> Windows, the CYGBLD_REDBOOT_MIN_IMAGE_SIZE and
> CYGBLD_REDBOOT_FLASH_BOOT_OFFSET options are wrong when I build Redboot for
> RAM startup. It doesn't seem to matter wether these options are changed by
> importing an .ecm file, altered manually by the tool, or by editing the
> .ecc file. The actual result in the executable corresponds to the values
> supplied redboot.cdl (which are not useful for me).
>
> My target is a custom PowerPC variant, based on 603e core. I use the 2.0b1
> sources. I followed the steps described in chapter 3 "Rebuilding RedBoot",
> eCos reference manual. Has someone else noticed this behaviour or could
> point me how to use these options?

We modify these all the time from .ecm scripts, so there must
be some other problem at work here.

If you modify these values, do you see them if you export the
configuration?  e.g.
  % ecosconfig export cfg
The file 'cfg' should show the modified values.

Of course, don't forget to rebuild your build tree after making the
changes.  Using the CLI
  % ecosconfig tree

Until you do this step, only the configuration database changes, not
the actual build.  This includes the "include" files used by the sources
to get at the actual values.

--
Gary D. Thomas <gary.thomas@mind.be>