running twothreads problem

Ok.  I am able to build, load, and run an ecos application.  The hello world
application is running just fine.  However, when I run the twothreads program
the code gets locked up.  I get the following on the console:

Entering twothreads' cyg_user_start() function
Beginning execution; thread data is 0
Beginning execution; thread data is 1

I turned on tracing and it doesnt ever come back from idle_thread_main.

Also I was able to get some tests running (although not all compile) and
several of the first few failed.  Perhaps this points to the same problem?
Here are the tests that failed.