Re: Arm ROM build help for beginner

F.T.Nilsson@hw.ac.uk wrote:

I have built an application that has been tested with the RAM start up. I now want to build it as a ROM start-up and actually but it on my e7t board. I have built the template as ROM start-up (instead of RAM as before). But there are little help on what to do next. Do I just compile my application against the install/include and lib?

You start with that, yes...

How does the ROM image get generated?

The e7t is awkward. What you have to do is look at how ROM RedBoot is built. Look at hal/arm/e7t/current/cdl/hal_arm_e7t.cdl near the end. Yes it's a pain! The "ncs" mentioned throughout means "no checksum". To keep Angel happy you need a checksum though, hence the rigmarole.

Also, I use the cyg_io_read to read from COM0 and I am a bit confused. By using the function cyg_io_read does the COM port wait for information to arrive, blocking the program until all data have been sent?

By default yes, although there is a non-blocking mode if you prefer (or you can query the buffer usage with CYG_IO_GET_CONFIG_SERIAL_BUFFER_INFO). See http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/ref/io-serial-driver-details.html

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential

Oh no it isn't. This is a public mailing list with public archives.