Re: announcing: memory protection for eCos / PowerPC ...

I am anxious to hear this feature's release!

I meet fllow problems:
1)
In my projects, there are many peripheral chips:
Two Flash memory (1 for boot, 1 for file system)
One Dram bank
Two~four FPGA chips
One CPLD memory space.

So four couples of Data-BAT is not enough.

2)
memory protection is need in some cases.
I want to prevent text segment from being written. I think is a more security.
And in our program, I want to change some page's attribute like cacheable, writable staticly or dynamically
BTW during our debug, some FPGA's registers changed, I didn't know if some application wrote it or Who did it. If we have memory protection, we can find it out very easily.

Thank you.
Waiting...

--
Water He