Re: problems in sending and receiving packets

"mohanlal jangir" <mohanlaljangir@hotmail.com> writes:

> > RedBoot and eCos cannot use the same IP address. To allow you to debug
> > eCos apps over the network, incoming packets are sorted in the low
> > level drivers and passed either to eCos or RedBoot. It uses the
> > destination IP address for this.
> >
> > My usual approach is to let RedBoot acquire its address via DHCP and
> > to configure eCos with a statically bound address.
> >

> But on target machine I see RedBoot prompt only. Even after loading the
> eCos+Application image to target, I am not able to see any other prompt. How
> can I configure any static address?

You have to configure it in the configtool, or edit the ecos.ecc file
if you are using ecosconfig. Alternatively, apply an import file. The
following is the import file I use to configure the ethernet interface
to IP address 10.0.0.211. Adjust to suit your network.

cdl_savefile_version 1;
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_version {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_savefile_command {};
cdl_savefile_command cdl_configuration { description hardware template package };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_package { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_component { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_option { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };
cdl_savefile_command cdl_interface { value_source user_value wizard_value inferred_value };

cdl_component CYGPKG_NET_DHCP {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGPKG_NET_BUILD_HW_TESTS {
    user_value 1
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_MANUAL {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_BOOTP {
    user_value 0
};

cdl_component CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS {
    user_value 1
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_IP {
    user_value 10.0.0.211
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_NETMASK {
    user_value 255.0.0.0
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_BROADCAST {
    user_value 10.255.255.255
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_GATEWAY {
    user_value 10.0.0.1
};

cdl_option CYGHWR_NET_DRIVER_ETH0_ADDRS_SERVER {
    user_value 10.0.0.102
};