Re: EB40a Redboot flash programming issues

Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> writes:

> I've now gotten my first hello world app(see end) up and running on
> my EB40a board, using the instructions I got on the
> mailinglist.
>
> Q1: why am I having problems programming flash using
> Redboot [ROM], whereas it works fine using Redboot [RAM]?

The ROM RedBoot cannot access the flash while it is running out of
it. To program flash you have to load the RAM RedBoot and use it to
program flash.

> Q2: Using Redboot [RAM] why am I having problems programming
> to 0x1010000, whereas programming to 0x1020000 works fine?

Don't know. I have never tried programming below 0x01100000, that's
where Angel and the boot/test software lives. I didn't want to lose
those. Maybe the position of JP1 has something to do with it. Don't
these flash parts have different sized blocks at low addresses?

> - The config files list the EB40a FLASH size as being 0x100000,
> but AFAIK, it is 0x200000.

The usual way of using the board is to put RedBoot in to the flash at
0x01100000, and leave the bottom half alone. Hence the 1MB size.