Re: Re: regarding posix message queues

Hi Nick,
steps followed to use posix queues in eCos are
1) Run configtool
2) Build->Templates
i)Hardware->Arm Development Board (pid)
ii)Packages->posix
3) Bulid ->Library
4) arm-elf-gcc -g -I ../include msgsnd1.c -L ../lib -o msgsnd1.x -Ttarget.ld -nostdlib

Error got is

msgsnd1.c: In function `main':
msgsnd1.c:61: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
/tmp/ccktBUAf.o: In function `main':
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:37: undefined reference to `printf'
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:63: undefined reference to `perror'
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:87: undefined reference to `perror'
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:89: undefined reference to `printf'
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:94: undefined reference to `perror'
/home/mahesh/ecos-targets/ecos_install/exam/msgsnd1.c:96: undefined reference to `printf'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I am sending the file also as an attachment

Thanks and Regards
Shridhar

On Mon, 02 Jun 2003 Nick Garnett wrote :
"shridhar s patil" <shridhar1232@rediffmail.com> writes:

> To all,
> I wanted to use posix message queues in eCos.
> So how do i configure the eCos using Configtool so that it will be
> posix compatible.I tried it by using posix template,it didn't work.
> Plz tell me the steps to perform for posix compatibilty.

I just tried this for the PC target using the posix template and it
all built perfectly. What target are you using? Exactly what steps did
you take?

> it is giving error as undefined referrence to printf,perror

The relevant error messages would be helpful here. When are the errors
being produced? Have you tried using ecosconfig rather than the
configtool?

-- Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect http://www.ecoscentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts

___________________________________________________ Get email that means BUSINESS! me @ mycompany.com. Just Rs.1499/year. To start, click http://www.rediffmailpro.com