Re: more basic ecos questions

Partha Palit wrote:

> I have installed ecos 2.0 on linux redhat 7.0.Using
> the config tool, I was unable to build the ecos build
> and install trees for powerpc and ARM. While buliding
> the error I got was - "/lib/libc.so.6 Not Found:
> version GLIB_2.2.3".
> When I looked into /lib/ directory the file was not
> there. So is it possible to just download this file
> from somewhere in redhat sources and go ahead , or is
> redhat 7.0 too old for ecos-2.0 ?The same problem
> persisted with ecos 1.3.1 too.
> Please advise.

According to DistroWatch, Red Hat Linux 7.2 is the earliest Red Hat Linux
release to provide a version of glibc compatible with the pre-built eCos
2.0 host tools:

  http://www.distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=Red+Hat

However, it should be possible to rebuild the eCos Configuration Tool to
work with earlier versions of glibc. The eCos 2.0 release includes source
code for the eCos host tools but you would also need to download and build
wxWindows sources. Details on rebuilding the eCos Configuration Tool are
available at:

  http://www.ecoscentric.com/devzone/configtool.shtml

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited