Re: eCos -priority Assignment

radhakrishnan R <radhaamanji@yahoo.co.uk> writes:

> Ecos have 0-31 priority levels. The idle thread is
> assigned lowest priority (31). In my ecos
> configuration. The priority 5-10 is assigned for Net
> stack thread, Alarm threads etc ..used by the eCos and
> other TCP/IP stack.
>
> Is there any concept in eCos that the certain priority
> levels are meant for application and certain priority
> levels are meant for eCos itself???.

No.

> can the application thread have Higher priority than
> the eCos threads (Thread like net stack, Alarm Thread
> etc..)??. If so, then any Jitter problem increase in
> this case due to application threads occupying the CPU
> most of the time ???.

Of course, that's what priorities do. If you decide to prioritize a
CPU-hogging application thread higher than "system" threads, then they
will suffer. Choosing thread priorities, and understanding the
compromises you may have to make, is one of the jobs that you as
application designer have to do.