Re: run without GDB

On Tue, 2003-06-10 at 12:07, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:48:09AM +0200, Alessandro GARDICH wrote:
> > hi to all
> >
> > i have a question ...
> > is possible to run (using RedBoot) a standalone program with the 'go'
> > command, without gdb ???
> >
> > every time i try on the serial console i see weird character that seem
> > to be GDB commands :( ...
>
> What exactly are the characters?

$T050f:94c80000;0d:fcffff01;#57

> There are two possibilities that come
> to mind:
>
> 1) The application has crashed and its trying to tell gdb where its crashed

i think no cause first i used the debugger to check and all work fine

> 2) The output to the diag channel is still using gdb O format
>    encapsulation.  You can force it to do this with
>    CYGSEM_HAL_DIAG_MANGLER. Make sure this is disabled.

the program don't make any output, programs are written in assembler
without any kind of library, are used for an educational purpose, they
use some hardware on board (leds and buttons)

>    Andrew

thanks

|           Alessandro Gardich : gremlin@gremlin.it             |