Re: ecos porting on arm926ej-s core

Hi Satish,

plz some one clear my doubts at the earliest. and also let me know the approximate time that may be required if i have to accomplish the above task of porting eCos on arm926ej-s core.

I can certainly answer this question. I recently started an ARM920T port (my 1st ecos port) - Platform hal porting. Thought I have 6 years solid ARM/ MIPS experience, I initial got confused with the memory model followed in the ARM ports. Mainly because I couldn?t spend must time on the code (shuttling across work (MMU, caches, FCSE & such issues on a different UNIX micro kernel) & home (this ecos ARM920T porting). So, if you haven?t come to this point yet, I strongly recommend you going through the following files (from your reference platform), for complete understanding of the memory model:
arm/arch/current/src/vector.S
<platform_hal>/current/include/pkgconf/*_romram.ldi (or) *_rom.ldi
<platform_hal>/current/include/hal_platform_setup.h
<platform_hal>/current/src/*_misc.c

Apart from this, it was just a breeze. I have got redboot running (minimal stuff). And probably I would have spent less than 10hours.

Cheers,
-Mike.