Re: regarding startup types in i386 pc boards...

Sivakamesh Thota <thota@cosmic.utah.edu> writes:

> hi,
> i386 pc boards startup type by default is RAM in the .cdl file. But while
> building the redboot image, .ecm file is being imported to the configtool,
> in which the startype is floppy(since redboot_FLOPPY.ecm is the file
> imported). so how come there exist different startups i.e. in .cdl file
> the startup is RAM where as the .ecm corresponds to FLOPPY startup???
> thankyou,
> sivakamesh

I'm not quite sure what you are asking here. There are different
startup types because there are different ways for eCos or RedBoot to
get started. RAM startup is for when eCos is loaded by RedBoot, FLOPPY
is for when either eCos or RedBoot is booted from a floppy disc and
GRUB startup is for when it is loaded by GRUB. The code has to do
different things in each case.