Re: Three questions from a beginner

On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 10:46:48AM +0200, Matthieu.GIRARDIN@fr.thalesgroup.com wrote:
> Hello everybody .
>
> I've just three questions for you :
>
> - Does it exist a number max of ecos objects (as mutex for example) ? I read
> documentation of ecos 2.0 about mutex but I didn't ear something like that.
> Maybe I didn't see it or is ecos limited only by memory ?

Memory limits the number of 'objects'.

> - I didn't found, in the doc of version 2.0, memory pool fonctions except in
> the uintron specification. But, looking in the code of these uintron
> functions, I saw it calls Cyg_MemoryPool[...]. Is it just a lack in the new
> documentation (it was present in the 1.3 doc) so I'll be able to use it, or
> can't I use it in the 2.0 except by passing through uintron ?

What do you mean by a memory pool? There is malloc, cyg_mempool_var_*
and cyg_mempool_fix_*. The documentation for these last too sets seems
to of disappeared. It used to be part of the kernel documentation,
since these functions were part of the kernel code. But things got
rearranged. Here is a reference to the old documentation:

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-1.3.1/ref/ecos-ref.9.html#pgfId=1026735

      Andrew