Re: Embedded Webserver

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 01:47:54PM -0400, Mark Grosberg wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I know eCos comes with the GoAhead webserver

Not quite correct:

1) GoAhead is not part of the eCos tree available from CVS. So i would
   not say "comes with".

2) eCos does "come with" a web server. See packages/net/httpd. This is
   much smaller than GoAhead and is intended for CGI content. Its also
   supports IPv6, which IMHO is will soon be very important for
   embedded systems.

> but would anybody be
> interested in seeing a port of my Seminole
> (http://www.conman.org/software/seminole/) webserver to eCos?
>
> It current runs on VxWorks, POSIX, and Win32. I'm not sure if the POSIX
> emulation provided by eCos sufficient or should I attempt a native port.
>
> If there is sufficient interest I can include the eCos porting layer as
> part of the distribution.

Because of the GPL license, your work cannot be included in the
standard eCos distribution. But you are quite welcome to include the
eCos porting layer in your web server distribution.  Or it this layer
uses the modified GPL that eCos uses, the layer could be distributed
with eCos and the documentation points to the real server.

     Andrew