Re: fgets problem

On Friday 27 June 2003 02:26 am, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 03:58:49PM -0500, Aaron Richardson wrote:
> > I have problems with fgets.  Here is a simple program that I am using
> > that reproduces my problem:
> >
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > int main(void)
> > {
> >  char s[255];
> >
> >  printf("Hello, eCos world!\n>");
> >
> >  while(1) {
> > 	fgets(s, 255, stdin);
> > 	printf("You typed: %s\n>", s);
> >  }
> >
> >  return 0;
> > }
> >
> > The code seems to lockup in the fgets.  Any ideas on where to begin
> > fixing this?
>
> Its probably not broken. Im guessing you are trying to do a read on
> the diagnostic serial interface, ie the one gdb is attached to. This
> is deliberately not supported. Search the archives, this has been
> discussed quite a few times.

Ok, this makes sense.  I am using the diag serial device driver.  But I have
only one uart on my hardware.  And when I try and disable the diag serial
then I get a conflict with libc, even though I have added another serial
driver.  Can I get this to work with only one device?

Also I had to go and verify this, but I had this working before.  In fact I
have a redboot.bin that causes my current ecos application to work.  I even
have the code that built that redboot.bin.  However, when I rebuild that
redboot it doesnt work.  I think something outside the code has changed...
but I cant figure out what.

thanks,
Aaron

--