Re: Where do I change these entry point and files generatedby MAKE?

He HaiYang wrote:
> I am making redboot for PowerPC vads board. There are some questions:
>
> 1) I need more ram usable in RedBoot, so I change
> CYGMEM_SECTION_heap1_SIZE in file
> 'packages/hal/powerpc/vads/current/include/pkgconf/mlt_powerpc_vads_romhigh.h'.
> But I notice that its file header says "// This is a generated file -
> do not edit", How do I?

This was generated by the Memory Layout Tool. That's admittedly no longer
quite supported, so editting the files is right for the moment. The way
you're doing it is right.

> 2) When I link a user application, it always entry point to 0x20000, I
> want to change it to another value. How can I do? libtarget.ld is a
> choice, but it is generated file.

Look at the mlt_powerpc_vads_ram.ldi file, which specifies the base of RAM
memory... that defines where the prog starts. Also update the .h file
defines in line with that.

> 3) Redboot's ram entry point is 0x3000, I want to change it to a high
> ram. Then I can load my application to low memory. How can I change
> 0x3000 to 0x00a00000 or others value?

Look at the mlt_..._rom*.ldi and .h files. There are ones for romhigh and
romlow already I see, so it may just be a case of changing the
DCSPRI_HAL_VADS_ROM_MLT CDL option.