Re: changing wait states per chip select

Aaron Case said:
> Hello,
>
> I need to change the wait states on a chip select which Im configuring as a
> GPIO. Is there a option in eCos config tool to change this or do I need to
> go into the init files(and if so which one)?
>
> I am using the cogent board with the 7312 variant processor and can change
> the wait states bits after start-up, but there is no wait state added. So
> this must be set at start-up only.
>
> Any guidance on how to tweak wait states in eCos(pre-build preferably) will
> be very much appreciated.

There are no "config" files, nor is this process easily configured.
It is handled by the platform initialization code and is normally
just "hard wired" for the platform in question.

These values are set in "hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/hal_platform_setup.h",
but they are only set at boot time (by RedBoot).  If you need to set
them up specially, I'd suggest that you add the code to do this in the
platform initialization code, found in "hal/arm/edb7xxx/current/edb7xxx_misc.c"