problems installing SNMP perl module for mib2c

Hello everyone,
I am having some problems building the SNMP perl module
required by mib2c shipped with ecos-2.0. My host system is
an x86 running RedHat 9.0. The target is also an x86. I
would greatly appreciate any help!

This is what I've done so far (per the ecos-2.0 reference
manual section on SNMP).

1. Downloaded and installed nsPerl5.005_03

2. Downloaded SNMP-3.1.0 (the perl module)

3. Ran "nsperl Makefile.PL" successfully

4. When executing make, I had to make the following changes
to get any compilation whatsoever to get going:

- changed compiler from egcs to gcc (dunno if this is
allowed)

- removed include path "/usr/include"

- added include path "<ecos-pkg-install-dir>/include" and
"<ecos-pkg-install-dir>/include/ucd-snmp"

- added "-D__ECOS -DIN_UCD_SNMP_SOURCE=1
-DCYPKG_SNMPAGENT_V3_SUPPORT" to the compile flags

5. Still not able to complete compiling, because of the
following error:

nsperl header file perl.h (included in SNMP.xs) is
inlcuding /usr/include/sys/ipc.h which has conflicting type
declarations (eg. uid_t, gid_t) with those in the
ecos-pkg/include/sys/types.h.
Not sure, how to prevent the /usr/include lookup.

6. Also noticed that the there is a -Dbool=char flag in the
SNMP module makefile that causes all kinds of warnings.

So...where did I go wrong?

1. Do I need to install the ucd-snmp pkg (the original,
non-ecos-port) version before trying to build the SNMP perl
module?

2. Do I need to install egcs and if so how do I do it
without nuking my existing gcc install?

Thanks very much for any help in advance.

- Anunoy Ghosh