RE: Ethernet chips

Maybe you can have a look of  the Altera EPXA1 development board.

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of Slawek
Sent: 07 July 2003 10:27
To: Laurent GONZALEZ; ecos-discuss@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Ethernet chips

The device doesn't need high throughput, but being able to work in 100Base-T
is a requirement.

The reason for that are HUBs which are really dropping performance whenever
someone connects any 10Base-T device to them.

AT91RM9200 doesn't have enough FLASH nor RAM.
We're going to use AT91FR40162, unless of course somebody shows a device
with that much of memory and ethernet built it.

A board with SMSC LAN91C111 would be a nice thing to have, but giving that
we had to wait for eb40a for about 6 weeks and that we need to have some
external devices connected to the processor anyway, it would probably be
easier to just include LAN91C111 between them.

Thanks for the hint that there is another chip. I haven't found any so far.
It's always good to have an alternative when it comes to negotiating prices
;)

--
Slawek Piotrowski