Re: What shall I do after redboot booting up on i386 PC target?

Along with the superb eCos documentation, there is also an example in the
book Embedded Software Development with eCos on how to use RedBoot and then
develop an eCos application on a PC.

--Anthony

On Wed, Jul 09, 2003 at 04:47:34PM +0800, Boen Shieh wrote:
> Hi, There
>
> I am a newbie in eCos, and I just build the redboot.bin by using
ecosconfig following the
> instruction of Matthew Franz. Thank him again.
>
> I boot up my computer with the redboot floppy disk sucessfully, but I
don't know what shall
> I do post boot up.I want to build an eCos environment with which I can
develop the applications
> by compiling, debugging and linking. I know I need the eCos kernel, the
eCos HAL, the gcc, gdb and other binutils, but how I compile and make them
, and then install them into the redbooted
> computer.
>
> Is there somebody give me any help? Thanks a lot.

eCos is not self hosting.

Work through the documentation.

http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/docs-latest/user-guide/ecos-user-guide.html

It explains how to actually use eCos.