Re: Blocking while recv() with freebsd/openbsd tcp/ip-stack

> The checkbox to enable this settings in my configtool are passiv (gray).
> I can not change it. But the box for
> CYGFUN_KERNEL_THREADS_STACK_CHECKING is enabled already.
> Is there a special behaviour so I can be shure this options are active.

Thats one advantage of editing the user friendly ecos.ecc file and not
using the GUI tools. As with most GUI tools, it hides what is really
going on under neither.

You ecos.ecc file will contain something like....

cdl_component CYGFUN_KERNEL_THREADS_STACK_CHECKING {
    # This option is not active
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG
    #     CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG == 0
    #   --> 0
    # ActiveIf constraint: CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS
    #     CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS == 0
    #   --> 0

    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 1
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 1
};

ie its stack checking requires that CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG and
CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS be enabled.

So search the ecos.ecc file. You will find.

cdl_component CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG {
    # Flavor: bool
    # No user value, uncomment the following line to provide one.
    # user_value 0
    # value_source default
    # Default value: 0

    # The following properties are affected by this value
    # component CYGFUN_KERNEL_THREADS_STACK_CHECKING
    #     ActiveIf: CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG
    # component CYGFUN_KERNEL_THREADS_STACK_MEASUREMENT
    #     DefaultValue:  0 != CYGPKG_INFRA_DEBUG
    # option CYGPKG_KERNEL_TESTS
    #     Calculated:

Uncomment the user_value line and change 0 to 1.

You can then do

ecosconfig check

and you will find that stack checking should now be enabled.

ecosconfig tree ; make

           Andrew

  Andrew