How do I build the eCos and download it(or them) to a RedBoot booted i386 PC target?

Hi,

I am a very raw hand in eCos, so I have so many low level questions to ask you.

I now booted up my i386 PC target by redboot, and I've assigned the IP address to it which can
be now pinged and telneted.

Because of the reference manual is not that clear for a newbie, so I do not know how to do
subsequently.

I need someone simply tell me how to build the eCos, including the kernel, the hal, etc.,and
what is the file format of the build resulting, and how to download them to the redbooted i386
PC target.

I've tryed to do that by default template, and as a consequence, there creates three directories like these /var/tmp/i386_default_build, /var/tmp/i386_default_install,/var/tmp/i386_default_mlt. I do not find the .img file in this directories.

So, are there some kind experts or some experienced old hands could give me some instructions? A
lot of thanks.

Best Regards

--Boen Shieh

263电子邮件-信赖邮自专业