Re: how to contribute

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 02:01:26PM +0200, Armando Visconti wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I developed a device driver for a USB 2.0 controller
> in form of a package.

By controller do you mean the HOST end?

> Even after reading the proper
> FAQ I do not understand how to contribute back
> to the ecos community with my work.
>
> Is there anybody who could tell me how?

There are two things you need to do.

1) Organize an assignment. See
   http://sources.redhat.com/ecos/assign.html.  You only need to do
   this once.

2) Post the driver to ecos-patches. Once there we will take a look at
   the code and decide what if anything needs changing before it can
   be accepted into the eCos repository.

You can do 2) without 1) and we will comment on the code, but it
cannot be accepted into the repository until the assignment is
completed.

        Andrew