SIOCIFADDR: Device not configured

I have been trying to put eCos on ARM Integrator board with ARM920t as core
module. While bringing the system up, I receive following message:
"SIOCIFADDR: Device not configured".
I have browed through eCos mailing list and found some mails related to same
problem but could not get any solution there. I have an ether Pro network
card on my target board and redboot is able to detect this. I have tried
manual as well as static configuration for network card from configtool but
results are same.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Mohanlal