Re: ELF redboot with COFF linux image

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 03:25:28PM +0000, Raghunath BK wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm in a situation where I have redboot image which is in elf format for
> our custom board (PXA255 based) and the linux kernel+apps in coff format. I
> don't think an ELF application can start an application which is in COFF
> format.

So you are using Redboot as a bootloader for a coff based linux kernel
and apps?

That should not be a problem. The linux kernel image you place into
FLASH is not coff. Its been turned into a binary with objcopy. Redboot
should not care, its just a collection of bytes it needs to copy from
flash into RAM and then jump into. Once the kernel is running redboot
is no longer involved and the linux kernel it knows how to handle coff
applications.

        Andrew