RE: Question eCOS debugging. Thanks a lot.

Also how and where is "func" set? thanks a lot

-----Original Message-----
From: ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@sources.redhat.com]On Behalf Of QiangHuang
Sent: 31 July 2003 18:13
To: 'Ecos-Discuss'
Subject: [ECOS] Question eCOS debugging. Thanks a lot.

Hi all:
     I am trying to get a clear calling path of RedBoot with the hal stub
and GDB debugger. I can't understand the following, could anybody please
give me some idea? Thanks a lot.

In HAL/ARM function "hal_syscall_handler()" getting the saved ARM register
by calling:
Step 1. func = get_register(R0);   arg1 = get_register(R1);    arg2 =
get_register(R2);    arg3 = get_register(R3);
Step 2. and later call into RedBoot by function "__do_syscall(func, arg1,
arg2, arg3, arg4, &err, &sig)",
Step 3. in turns call into gdb_fileio function: "cyg_hal_gdbfileio_xxx()",
take write for example: cyg_hal_gdbfileio_write((int)arg1, (const void
*)arg2, (size_t)arg3, (int *)sig);
Here arg2 will be treated as a buffer pointer, but Isn't "arg2" = "saved ARM
register R2"? so where is this pointer pointing to?

I would like to know how the processor registers are retrieved (by the HAL
Stub and RedBoot) and display on the GDB debugger(Insight)? Thanks a lot.

BTW: has anybody made a calling path between HAL stub, Redboot and GDB
debugger? if so could anybody please share it with me? (also the protocol
between GDB and Redboot, any docs avaliable?)

Thanks a lot