Re: HAL_PCI_ALLOC_BASE_MEMORY question ??

"mohanlal jangir" <mohanlaljangir@hotmail.com> writes:

> > To find out what is happening with your packets, try enabling more of
> > the debug options at the top of if_i82559.c either by setting
> > CYGDBG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559_CHATTER to a value > 1 or just add a
> > define for DEBUG_82559. This will give you messages as packets come
> > and go. If your network is reasonably busy you should at least see any
> > broadcasts arriving.
> Oops.. i should have dumped all messages in earlier mail. I already have
> CYGDBG_DEVS_ETH_INTEL_I82559_CHATTER defined to > 1 and I see lot of
> messages also. I am still looking why packets are not going out. By the way
> network is not busy as I am working on private LAN. These are the rest
> messages I receive from ethernet driver.
> Regards
> Mohanlal
>
> InitRxRing 0
> ResetRxRing 0
> InitTxRing 0
> ResetTxRing 0
> eth0 XXX: driver didn't set ifq_maxlen
> [cyg_net_init] Init: loopattach(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: ifinit(0x00000000)
> IFP: 0x000ba7d4, next: 0x001280c0
> IFP: 0x001280c0, next: 0x00000000
> [cyg_net_init] Init: domaininit(0x00000000)
> [cyg_net_init] Init: cyg_net_add_domain(0x000bb1a8)
> New domain internet6 at 0x00000000
> i82559_stop 0 flg 43
> ResetRxRing 0
> ResetTxRing 0
> i82559_start 0 flg 47 Link = Down, 10 Mbps, Half Duplex

If this is correct then it looks like either the MAC or PHY are not
bringing the link up. This could be as trivial as using the
wrong sort of cable, it may be a problem with the switch or hub at the
other end. There's not much that can be done from the driver end to
affect this. You may have to start looking at some of the MACs status
registers to see if there is any clue as to why it is not coming up.