RE: Motorola Dragonball MX1/L port.

There is no port (as far as I know) for the Dragonball MX1L. You would be
best off starting with one of the ARM9 variants. The innovator is perhaps
the closest as the OMAP is a similar type of chip to the MX1L based on the
ARM9, however the peripherals are most likely to be completely different so
you would need to write device drivers for them.

To summarise, porting essentially involves the following steps:

1) Copy existing HAL which is closest to your platform, e.g. in this case
copy 'ecos/packages/hal/arm9/innovator' to 'ecos/packages/hal/arm9/mx1ads'
or something similar.
2) Modify the HAL for your target, taking into consideration platform
specific details (in the plf_* files) and the memory map (in the
include/pkgconf directory)
3) Create as a bare minimum the serial port driver which will allow
diagnostics and debugging. This can be based on one in devs/serial as a
template, and put back in devs/serial/arm/mx1ads or something similar.

There is a comprehensive section in Anthony Massa's book 'Embedded Software
Development with eCos' (ISBN 0-13-035473-2) about porting which will help
you further.

Robert Cragie, Design Engineer
Jennic Ltd, Furnival Street, Sheffield, S1 4QT,  UK
http://www.jennic.com  Tel: +44 (0) 114 281 2655