Re: PCI Ethernet card

"Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng@hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I took the code by "Eric Doenges" for RLTK 8139 & added it to my Atlas
> Redboot config. Now I want to switch to this ethernet 'eth1' from the
> on-board ethernet port 'eth0' for Redboot.
>
> Does this, 'CYGNUM_REDBOOT_DEFAULT_NETWORK_DEVICE ' govern the
> selection of eth device for redboot? This option shows in gray & not
> able to edit the value. And also 'CYGHWR_NET_DRIVERS' is 1
> here. Should this be 2 if I need to have 2 options (eth0 & eth1)? If
> so, How can it be changed to 2? please shar your ideas on this.

At least initially, it probably make sense to work only with the RLTK
driver. Remove the default ethernet device entirely. Only when that is
working 100% should you then try running with both.

Note that in the past the only boards we have had with more than one
ethernet interface have always had identical devices. While the
software is structured to allow multiple different devices, it has
never been execised in this way, so there may be lurking bugs.