RE: eCos ROM application crashes without Redboot

>Good.  Have you tried other applications in ROM?
>For example, try one of the simple tests (like tm_basic)
>and see if it runs from ROM.  If it does, then
>there may be some problem with the serial drivers
>(since tm_basic won't use them but will make use of
>interrupts for timers).

The same thing appears to be happening for tm_basic. As soon
as I execute the line below, it seems like the code crashes upon
the next interrupt...

   // Load the first thread. This will also enable interrupts since
    // the initial state of all threads is to have interrupts enabled.

    HAL_THREAD_LOAD_CONTEXT( &next->stack_ptr );

(Just to make sure I updated my local copy of eCos to pick up this
latest
greatest patch:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/ecos-patches/2003-08/msg00023.html)

Øyvind