additional compiler options in cdl script

I have some questions with following sample cdl script

cdl_package CYGPKG_MY_PKG {
     compile a.c  b.c  c.c

     cdl_component  CYGPKG_MY_PKG_OPTIONS {
            cdl_option  CYGPKG_MY_PKG_CFLAGS_ADD {
                  default_value { "-D_KERNEL "}
             }
     }

     cdl_component CYGPKG_MY_PKG_MODULE {
           active_if     CYGPKG_MY_PKG
           compile  x.c  y.c  z.c
     }
}

I am adding new package MY_PKG to eCos. MY_PKG_MODULE is an optional part of
this package, which is compiled only if user selects MY_PKG_MODULE. I want
files a.c, b.c and c.c to compile with compiler flag -D_KERNEL, if
MY_PKG_MODULE is not selected. But I want file a.c, b.c and c.c to compile
with compiler flags -D_KERNEL and -DMODULE_FLAG both, if user selects
MY_PKG_MODULE. I did try to put a CYGPKG_MY_PKG_MODULE_OPTIONS (like
CYGPKG_MY_PKG_OPTIONS) inside CYGPKG_MY_PKG_MODULE block and I was able to
see flags in configtool also but these flags are not used while compiling.
Can somebody explain, how to enable additional compiler options, if
MY_PKG_MODULE is selected.

Regards
Mohanlal