RE: ld segfaults

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Jay Foster wrote:

> I too have had problems with segment faults with ld, but not when building
> eCos code.  The problem that I had was with building native applications on
> i686 RedHat 9 linux.  After googling for the error message, I found a

Sorry, my e-mail wasn't clear... I actually was building application code
and then linking that with my eCos image. So, yes, its the same problem
you are seeing.

I can't get ld to segfault with just building eCos. My application wasn't
substantial (it is the Seminole webserver that was announced here last
week). But periodically, we would compile our code and during the link
with the eCos target libraries ld would SEGV.

> solution for the problem that I was having, which I don't think is related
> to the problem that has been reported here.  In my case, it would always
> segment fault on the final link, and the cause was related to the file
> system being NFS mounted from another machine.  If the files were first

No NFS here. Not sure if its the same problem then. Everything we were
doing was on local storage.

Thanks,
Mark G.
 - Been busy, hopefully I'll find time to debug this...