Re: How is symbol "__thumb__" defined? Thanks a lot

Eric de Jong wrote:
I am trying to find out whether the kernel and the apps can run in thumb

mode

Yes, the ecos can work in arm thumb mode. With the configtool select the thumb
option AND add -mthumb to the compiler flag

If you mean the eCos compiler flags, that should happen anyway but I see it doesn't for a few targets so I've submitted a bug.

But... I did not get the debug stub working in thumb mode.
What does work is compiling redboot with the interwork flag enabled. It can then
load and debug your thumb application (which must have interwork enabled then!)

Actually I don't think we've ever supported building the monitor itself in thumb mode, probably mostly because there's a lot of stuff that _has_ to be run in ARM mode in a ROM monitor. There should probably be some explicit CDL for that - I'll submit a patch.