Re: MPC750 or MPC604e

On 23 Aug 2003, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-08-23 at 10:49, Ryan Boder wrote:
> > Has anyone done any work with ecos on the MPC750 or the MPC604e/MPC603e? I'm
> > interested in the 750 but the documentation says it's software compatible
> > with the 604e.
>

> Yes, I have ported RedBoot to such a platform (sadly, it never saw
> the light of public day though).  What would you like to know about it?

Well, I would like to use it. I started working on my own mpc750 hal, but
after doing a few files I noticed that the ppc60x hal would run on the
mpc750 for all the files I have worked on so far (just the header files).

The only changes I had to make were the cache sizes and associativities. I
haven't gone through all the files yet, but maybe a slightly modified
ppc60x hal will work for me.

Can anyone tell me if there is a difference between ppc603 and mpc603?

Can I use your port or should I finish the one I started? Why isn't yours
in the cvs repository?

> We do have some public platforms which have 603e cores in them - the
> Motorola MPC825x and MPC826x.

I would like to do a powermac platform. I'm a grad student and I am
looking for a neat platform to do research with. I'm thinking the powermac
would be nice because I like powerpc, I already own 2 new world powermacs,
and I can use the keyboard and display for instrumentation even without a
remote gdb connection.

Also I'm sort of looking for an excuse to do a port so I can learn
something.

Ryan