Re: eCos and IPSec

> into the ecos repository i have some doubts about it.about the crypto and
> netkey flder where do i place it.The folders from freebsd have header files
> and also c files.so should i make a seperate folder under the include
> directory and put the header files and a seperate file under src/sys and put
> the c files.
right. that keeps things better organised.
include/crypto - holds crypto related header files from bsd
include/netkey - holds netkey related header files

similarly populate src/sys/crypto and src/sys/netkey. after that update
bsd_tcpip/current/cdl/freebsd_net.cdl to control crypto and netkey compilation.
have a look at how cdl_option CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_INET6 and
CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_SYSCTL have been provided under cdl_component
CYGPKG_NET_FREEBSD_INET . This should give you enough idea on how to add some
new options for crypto and netkey.

> secondly u also asked to have a look at ftpclient.cdl and modify
> it acordingly to generate cdls for racoon,openssl and libipsec.But u had
> mentioned that these have to be created as packeages so how can i modify
> this particular cdl.As i am new to cdl i am a bit confused.so if u cld give
> me a basic structure and tell me hw to go about with it i will be greatful
if you see under packages/net/ things there are packages available with net. and
if one needs to add a new package there (s)he should follow similar layout and
can use their cdl files as example on how to get cdl files for your additions.

at times it is faster and simpler to learn by examples than reading whole
documentation about cdl and then writing cdl file from scratch.

hope it helps
sandeep

---