Re: [porting] Arcom (xScale) Viper card support?

Please copy your responses to the mailing list.  That way, they'll
be archived and also everyone can benefit from the shared knowledge.

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:38, John Wasinger wrote:
> Gary Thomas wrote:
>
> >On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 12:09, John Wasinger wrote:
> >

> >>Greetings,
> >>
> >>I recently acquired a development kit pre-loaded with RedBoot and Linux
> >>from Arcom.
> >>
> >>Has anyone ever looked into porting eCos to this platform?
> >>

> >If it already has Linux & RedBoot, it's probably simple to get
> >eCos running as well.
> >
> >What's the processor?  Do you have a URL for the product?
> >

> Its running a PXA255 xScale processor.
>
> http://www.arcom.com/products/icp/dev_kits/default2.htm  (we purchased
> the Embedded Linux kit)
>
> I recently e-mailed their support line requesting for the following files:
> redboot_RAM_ALTMAP.ecm
> redboot_ROM_ALTMAP.ecm
> redboot_RAM.ecm
> redboot_ROM.ecm
>
> Is this a good way to start?  Are there any other configuration type
> files that are used when building RedBoot?

Actually, because of the GPL they should be willing to give you the
entire tree for their port (which will be many more files than this).

--
Gary Thomas <gary@mlbassoc.com>
MLB Associates