Re: ROMRAM start on ARM platform

Koeller, T. wrote:

The ecos EB40 platform HAL only supports the board in the factory configuration. Since 64KB is only sufficient for tiny programs, a very minimal redboot for example, it would greatly enhance the boards usefulness if all of the flash memory were available. The ecos .ldi file accounts for the lower half of the flash being unavailable in the following way: [snip] My idea was to make the '__reserved_bootmon' stuff a configurable option, so it could be enabled or disabled via cdl, but that would of course require modification of the .ldi file and the related memory layout header (to #include the header files generated from cdl). The only other option would be to create an additional set of .ldi and .h files, named differently, and select between those sets via cdl. I feel that's a rather clumsy solution, especially if there were more than two memory layouts to choose between.

That's what's been done before, and doesn't seem that clumsy to me. It's the same file with only a few lines different after all. Yes CDL-awareness is a "must have" for MLT v2 whenever that comes.